Flight Training In Canada
Helicopters Canada has welcomed students from all over the world to train at our facility. Students have traveled from such places as Europe, India, Mexico, Indonesia, Japan, China, Brazil, and Dubai to name a few. Training in Canada offers many great opportunities; here is a list of some advantages:
- The Canadian License is one of the world's most widely recognized
- Canadian flight training standards among the highest worldwide
- Experienced flight instructors with solid aviation background
- High demand for various helicopter pilot positions throughout the country
- Entry level flying positions
- Competitive all inclusive flight training rates
- Challenging weather, fall and winter operations prepare students for all different work environments
International Student course prerequisites
- An applicant must be a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or a person lawfully admitted to Canada for flight training.
- An applicant may commence flight training at any age, but must be 14 years of age prior to first solo, and 18 years of age for the issue of a Commercial Pilot License Helicopter CPHEL.
- Prior to first solo, an applicant must successfully complete a medical examination by a Transport Canada approved medical Doctor.
International Student Admittance Requirements
Please visit www.cic.gc.ca for guidelines set out by Immigration Canada for the issue of Study permits in Canada. The most current and accurate list of the nearest Embassy or Consulate representing your Country of citizenship is found at www.international.gc.ca Helicopters Canada Flight Training School is responsible for producing a letter of acceptance that you must provide Immigration Canada. In order to expedite this document, kindly provide the following:
- A valid passport (Helicopters Canada Flight Training School requires a copy for licensing purposes with
Transport Canada, and proof of eligibility for student visa, under no circumstances will we withhold or retain a passport or visa*)
- The application form completed
- Non-refundable $500.00 deposit, $100.00 is due prior to issue of letter of acceptance for Embassy. The remaining $400.00 and a copy of your student visa are due upon
Acceptance from Immigration Canada.
- To be accepted into Helicopters Canada Flight Training School, one must provide English proficiency:
Educational Testing Service Canada: A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper based) or 80 (internet based with no test below 20) – TOEFL code 9212, or visit
IELTS: Academic IELTS with an overall minimum score of 6.0 (with no single test score below 5.5), or visit www.ielts.org
CAEL: (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment) with an overall band score
of 50, or visit www.cael.ca
Accommodations are available for International students within minutes from the Flight School, is on bus route, and bikes are available for use at the rental property. Students also have access to Canadore College Residence, alternatively, we can aid in finding something suitable
through Kijij. Helicopters Canada Flight Training School students usually car pool with ones that have vehicles, therefore transportation to school is not an issue. Upon your arrival, arrangements will be made for company personal to meet you at the North Bay Airport, and bring you to your residence. Orientation will include a guided tour of the city and amenities. International students requiring additional assistance can utilize the services of The North Bay
and District Multicultural Centre, www.nbdmc.ca .
Helicopters Canada Flight Instructors, and Line Pilots, work closely with our students and ensure that they all meet and exceed all aspects of flight training, and their future as a
Commercial Helicopter Pilot. We help them prepare their resume that is desirable in the Aviation Industry, where the Instructors work closely with them to groom them for the Industry.
All inquiries can be directed to
Shana Sullivan President/Student coordinator,
Monday to Friday 8 AM to 5 PM
About North Bay
|A short 3 1/2 hour drive from either Toronto or Ottawa, this friendly and inviting city is a popular year round destination. Offering plenty of activities, amenities and services to meet your needs, North Bay's vibrancy is only exceeded by its hospitality!
North Bay is a caring community of energetic, high-spirited people. Festivals, attractions and a wide range of special event activities blend with the natural attractions of the area.
The combination of lush forests, spring-fed water and clean air creates a healthy environment for working, living and raising a family. Safe, friendly, well-planned neighbourhoods also make coming home a pleasure in North Bay.
Situated between Lake Nipissing and Trout Lake, the City offers lakefront property in both urban and rural settings. The short distance between home and work allows more time to enjoy the wealth of parkland and leisure facilities.
Housing in North Bay offers a variety of options depending on whether you prefer the urban or rural location. Country settings are available within minutes of the downtown core and provide an array of attractive living alternatives.
A variety of recreation opportunities exist in the community provided by the natural environment trails for walking, biking, or hiking, as well as, those programs and services offered by the municipality and other community service providers. Activities for all seasons including: beaches, a municipal marina, golf, arenas, skiing and snowmobiling.
Comprehensive medical services are provided by a fully-accredited medical hospital. The community also offers services for specialized family needs through a number of social service agencies.
||City of North Bay Video
Steps to Becoming a Helicopter Pilot
1. It is necessary to pass a medical examination prior to flight instruction enrolment
(Click here to find a medical centre near you).
2. Choose a reputable flight school – Helicopters Canada is internationally recognised and fully accredited by the International Civil Aviation Authority whose headquarters are located in Montreal, Canada.
3. Fill out an application
4. Obtain a Commercial Helicopter Pilot Licence. A minimum requirement of 100 flight hours and completion of a written test.
5. You are now a licensed Commercial Helicopter Pilot! You are ready to work anywhere in Canada and capable of transporting passengers and cargo.
6. Depending on what part of the world you want to work in you may need to do a conversion course for that region.
We offer this for any part of the globe.
7. You have now spent less than a year training and gaining experience and are fully prepared to enter the work place!
Welcome to Helicopters Canada's website. Here you will find information outlining a complete, accredited Canadian approved program that fully prepares both domestic and foreign students for a fulfilling and rewarding career in the Helicopter Industry throughout the world...
Helicopters Canada is equipped and specially trained to perform a wide range of services and reduce your operation costs. If your business can benefit from any charter service, we will show you how Helicopters Canada can provide exactly what you need...
Q: Does Helicopters Canada provide work after training? A: We offer referrals and references to other companies for students possessing a positive attitude and a good work ethic. We have hired graduated students from our program...