Licence Upgrade Information
For commercial and private pilots who don’t want to be limited to daylight flying.
The flight training can be done in any of the aircraft below for the associated hourly rates:
Robinson R44 – $850.00/hr +HST
Bell 206 Jet Ranger – $1,249.00/hr +HST
Ground Instruction – $85.00/hr +HST
To meet the Transport Canada Night Rating requirements, students will receive the following training:
- Ground instruction – approximately 5 to 10 hours of lessons with an instructor
- Private License: 20 hours of total flight time – 10 night training, 10 instrument training
- Commercial License: 10 hours of total flight time – 5 dual night training, 5 solo night training
For pilots who are looking to expand their ability to fly different types of helicopters.
To achieve a type endorsement, you must be able to safely and proficiently conduct a qualifying flight under the supervision of a qualified person in accordance with Transport Canada. Though there is no specified number, it is recommended to budget for approximately 3 to 10 flight training hours in each type.
You can achieve a type rating on the aircraft below for the associated hourly rates:
Robinson R44 – $875.00/hr +HST
Bell 206 Jet Ranger – $1,295.00/hr +HST
Eurocopter EC120 – $1,638.00/hr +HST
Astar AS350 – $2,160.00/hr +HST
Eurocopter EC130 – $2,625.00/hr +HST
For pilots to maintain the validity of their private or commercial licence.
At Helicopters Canada, you can choose from the following recurrent training guidelines:
- Recurrency flights
- Ground instruction
- PSTAR written exam
- Pilot Proficiency/Competency Checks (PCC/PPC)
- Completion of the skill requirements to issue/renew a pilot permit, licence or rating such as:
- Night rating
- Instrument rating
- Instructor rating